Recipe for Bibimbap (Korean mixed rice with meat and veg)
Bibimbap simply translates to “mixed rice with meat and assorted vegetables”. You can make endless variations to this dish depending on your preference and dietary requirements.
INGREDIENTS (3 to 4 Servings):
- 100g beef mince
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar – we used brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
VEGETABLES AND OTHER
- 250g spinach
- 350g beansprouts
- 100g shiitake mushroom
- 120g carrots (1 small)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt (1/4 tsp each will be used when cooking shiitake mushroom and carrots)
- 3 to 4 serving portions of steamed rice
- 3 or 4 eggs (depending on the serving portion)
- Korean Seasoned Seaweed, Shredded
BIBIMBAP SAUCE – THE BELOW SAUCE MIGHT BE ONLY ENOUGH FOR 3 SERVINGS IF YOU LIKE EATING IT SPICY.
- 2 Tbsp Gochujang
- 1 Tbsp Seasame Oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar – we used raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp vinegar – we used apple vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
* 1 Tbsp = 15ml
- Place the stone bowl in the oven and set to 180c / 356F for 45 minutes OR on the hob for 5-10mins
- For meat, mix the beef mince with the meat sauce listed above. Marinate the meat for about 30 mins while you are working on other ingredients to enhance the flavour. Add some cooking oil into a wok and cook the meat on medium high to high heat. It takes about 3 to 5 mins to thoroughly cook it.
- Mix the Bibimbap sauce ingredients in a small serving bowl.
- Lightly cook the vegetables separately in a wok and then put each item in a small dish.
- Fry eggs
- Remove the stone bowl from the oven with the Black Rock Grill Heat Resistant Oven Gloves and sit on the wooden board, then add some sesame oil and coat the inside of the bowl. The oil will then start to crackle and you can then add your rice and other fresh ingredients and serve to your guests to enjoy mixing their dish right at the table and enjoy every bite as hot and delicious as the first. Holds up to 1 litre
- Bibimbap sauce can be added to required flavour
The post Recipe for Bibimbap (Korean mixed rice with meat and veg) appeared first on .
Leave a comment